Bacon wrapped asparagus is a super easy vegetable dish. This dish is special but you can make it really special by drizzling the asparagus with truffle oil and salt crystals and splurge on some fancy applewood smoked bacon.
This vegetable side dish is good with most things which makes it ideal for a holiday dinner menu. Well, for any meal really.
If you don’t eat pork, you can substitute the applewood smoked bacon with turkey or beef bacon and it will be just as enjoyable.
If after your holiday meal you still have leftovers, you can chop what’s left up and add to pasta for an epic next day meal. I usually make extra just so I have enough to make a pasta dish the next day. You’ll notice that the recipe below serves eight people. If need be, you can halve the quantities or you can blame the leftovers on me – wink!
I’m hoping that you have never tried bacon wrapped asparagus, because I want to be the one who introduces you to this dish. As the saying goes, “everything tastes better with bacon”, and this dish is no exception. Enjoy.
- 32 asparagus stalks (approx. 1 1/4 bunches)
- Drizzle truffle oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground salt or salt crystals
- 8 applewood smoked bacon slices, or preferred bacon (approx. 8 oz)
- Roasting pan with flat grill rack
- Trim asparagus to remove tough stalk ends.
- Drizzle asparagus with truffle oil and then sprinkle with salt.
- Grab four asparagus stalks and wrap with one piece of bacon.
- Repeat until all stalks are wrapped with bacon.
- Place wrapped asparagus bunches in pan making sure the end of each bacon slice is facing down in the pan, to avoid the bacon unwrapping.
- Place in a preheated oven at 400 and cook for 15 mins