How does baked lobster tails grab you as an appetizer? That sweet and firm flesh doused in melted butter is an absolute delight and couldn’t be easier.
Now I am sure you know that lobster tails are an expense only worth bearing for those you love, so if you are planning on sharing your lobster tails, ask yourself this, “do I love this person?”
These are 4 oz lobster tails which also make these babies ideal partners for a nice cut of steak, very few say no to surf and turf.
- 6 4 oz lobster tails
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- Dash smoked paprika (optional)
- Kitchen scissors
- Baking sheet
- Cut the top of the shell lengthways with scissors, but do not cut through to the tail, leave the tail intact.
- Carefully pry lobster meat from shell with your fingers and then pull the meat through above the shell so that it sits on the shell.
- Carefully place lobster tails on a baking sheet.
- Melt 3 oz butter and baste the lobster tail flesh.
- Sprinkle a few with a little smoked paprika.
- Then place in a preheated oven at 350 until meat is no longer opaque (approx. 15-18 minutes).
- Once lobster tails are cooked, melt the other 3 oz butter and serve with lobster tails.