A banana coconut mango parfait is all you need to cap off a meal, especially a holiday meal. It’s immensely tasty and so easy to put together.
A banana coconut mango parfait is a simple layered desert of fresh banana and coconut chips stewed in coconut milk, with puréed mango, whipped vanilla cream and topped with crushed ginger snaps. Let me tell you, it’s nice, real nice.
If for some reason you and your nearest and dearest cannot be together for Christmas dinner. Maybe one of you has to work, or your offspring can only visit on Christmas Eve and have to leave before dinner on Christmas day, this could make for an absolutely delightful second course for Christmas breakfast, after some smoked salmon scramble on toast perhaps. Or what about a sexy Christmas Eve night with you and your honey? This could really set the mood, if you know what I mean!
Once you try this recipe I know you’re gonna fall in love with it and will be serving your guests with a banana coconut mango parfait on a regular basis.
- 2/3 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut chips
- 3 bananas (sliced)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mangoes (cubed)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 10 ginger snaps or crunchy ginger cookies
- Small saucepan
- Food processor or blender
- 4 Sundae bowls, goblets or martini glasses
- Place coconut milk, coconut chips, 2 bananas, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a small saucepan.
- Heat contents on medium heat, bananas will begin to soften and disintegrate.
- At this point remove from heat and set aside.
- Purée mango in blender or food processor, it should only take a few seconds, then set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into a bowl and split vanilla bean and add the seeds to cream.
- Whip cream until you arrive at a silky consistency - try not to whip the cream too firm, and then set aside.
- Crush ginger snaps/cookies. I used my NutriBullet, just a quick pulse is necessary. Alternatively, place in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin or bottle, by rolling over the ziploc bag, back and forth. Set aside once done.
- Add the last sliced banana to the coconut milk mixture and stir until the recently added banana slices are coated with coconut milk.
- Spoon a generous amount of the banana and coconut mixture in the bottom of your sundae bowl, goblet or martini glass.
- Layer with 2-3 spoonfuls of mango purée.
- Add a layer of vanilla cream and then top generously with crushed ginger snaps.
- Serve immediately.
- You can prepare this dish ahead of time, 1 day before. Store ingredients separately and layer immediately before serving.