I’m always looking for foods that heal, or provide energy and stamina and beet juice does both. Beet juice is an exceptional juice, full of nitrates which aid stamina and blood flow, lowering blood pressure; which you may remember is my major health issue.
I added blueberries, plums and lime to this beet juice recipe. The sweetness of the beets, plums and blueberries coupled with the tartness of the lime provides a truly lip-smacking glass of goodness. It goes down oh so well and makes you feel good about choosing to drink this juice. I would suggest drinking beet juice in the morning, to remind you that you need to make good choices throughout the day when deciding on what to eat, and if that doesn’t work, and your willpower fails you, at least you started the day right with a nutrient rich, raw juice.
Now its clear beet juice is good for you, but when juicing, we must take care not to over-indulge. Beets are so packed full of goodness that drinking it raw on a very regular basis could tilt your equilibrium and provide too much of what is good for you at one time. This is not an juice everyday juice. Twice a week is fine, you will be very aware of it’s presence in your body, I assure you.
- 4 large raw beets
- 4 plums
- 2 cups blueberries
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Wash beets and plums throughly to remove any lingering grit and dirt.
- Cut up beets and plums to allow the pieces of fruit to juice easily. The size the feeder on your juicer will dictate how small or large to cut the fruit.
- Juice beets, blueberries and plums and then pour the juice through a strainer so that the end result is a sediment free juice.
- Add the lime juice, stir and enjoy.
- I usually give my beets a good scrub with a brush to remove the grit and dirt when juicing them.