Have you tried breakfast popsicles? If no, you must. Blueberry yogurt breakfast popsicles will serve as the perfect intro to your day. They are such a delight, especially when the weather is hot first thing, or when you’ve started your day later than usual and need a quick injection of goodness. Fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt, a touch of almond milk, a little jam and a modest drizzle of melted chocolate – yum.
I enjoy a blueberry yogurt breakfast popsicle, sat on my rooftop at the beginning of the day, when I have the luxury of time to sit and contemplate. After an invigorating shower, I go upstairs and sit facing the skies, and decide on what I need to concentrate on for the day, which is usually A LOT!
Blueberry yogurt breakfast popsicles are so easy to make, you’re going to be reaching for your popsicles mould on a regular basis, so feel free to experiment. If you’re concerned about your sugar intake, skip the jam and add more blueberries, or another sweet to bite variety of berry. Whatever you do with this recipe, remember to take some time to sit back and enjoy.
25 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 25 Total Time
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp mixed berry jam
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey (if desired)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Pinch lime zest
- 18 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Small saucepan with cover
- Popsicles mould
- Popsicle sticks
- Heat blueberries, jam, honey and lime juice in a small saucepan on a medium heat.
- Whisk until combined.
- Once ingredients are combined add lime zest and mix once again.
- Cover saucepan and lower heat to simmer and allow fruit mixture to stew for approx. 15 mins.
- Once you have a nice fruit compote, set aside and allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Once the compote is cold place yogurt, almond milk and fruit compote in blender.
- Blend ingredients to a smoothie consistency, free of lumps.
- Carefully pour blended ingredients into popsicle moulds and place in freezer.
- Once popsicles have begun to form, but have not completely frozen, push a popsicle stick into the center of each mould and return to freezer.
- Leave popsicles to freeze overnight.
- Heat chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan and whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove popsicles from moulds - run the base of the moulds under warm water and then carefully tug each popsicle stick until they release.
- Place popsicles on a large plate or tray and slowly drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Once chocolate has hardened you can wrap each popsicle in wax or parchment paper and return to the freezer.