Cranberry pecan baked brie is a really easy dish to create. Perfect for the holidays. It’s great as a party snack or an after dinner sweet treat. I like to serve mine after dinner with port. Once the dinner things have been washed and put away, so that I can relax and take in a movie.
Cranberry pecan baked brie takes just ten minutes to make. If you’re having a party, for best results, start creating it once guests arrive. By the time they’ve enjoyed their first cocktail a warm and tasty snack, ideal for sharing, will be ready for them to dig into.
I baked my brie in a 7″ skillet, and placed it on a slate to cool before serving. Alternatively, you can bake your brie on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Just be sure to carefully transfer onto a cheese slate or plate to serve.
I only had two types of crackers to serve with my cranberry pecan baked brie, but you can add other alternatives such as graham crackers, thick apple slices or bread. I find that very few people enjoy eating brie in the same way, so having options will be a winner.
Cranberry pecan baked brie is an obvious choice for the holidays, so make sure you indulge in this dish before the year is out. The combination of the soft buttery, gooey cheese with the tart, nutty sweetness of the cranberries and pecans will satisfy almost anyone. It’s the epitome of comfort food, begging to be shared – don’t miss out!
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 oz brie wheel
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Drizzle honey
- Pinch lemon zest
Equipment & Utensils
- Small saucepan with cover
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Serving plate
- Place fresh cranberries, water, port, honey and sugar in a saucepan, and then place on medium heat.
- Stir until ingredients are combined and begin to bubble, then lower to a simmer.
- Continue to stir until cranberries soften and release their scent.
- Add nutmeg, stir, then add dried cranberries and stir again.
- Allow flavors to combine and reduce until there is very little fluid in the pan, then remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Unwrap brie and place in 7" skillet or on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in a preheated oven at 450 and allow brie to bake for 5 mins.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate if baked on a tray.
- Top brie with cranberry mixture and then sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- Drizzle with honey, then sprinkle with a touch of lemon zest.
- Serve immediately with crackers or bread.