It’s pumpkin season. Are you sick of it? In my view pumpkin gets a bad wrap. It’s a delicious squash, beautiful in color and versatile. Pumpkin is great in soups, in desserts and cakes and great as an addition to recipes as a flavoring. Today’s recipe showcases pumpkin’s flavor and color, Easy No Mixer Pumpkin Bread. A moist loaf adorned with shelled pumpkin seeds and turbinado sugar.
Let me tell you, one bite of this Easy No Mixer Pumpkin Bread and you will succumb to its will. Make this tasty treat when your family is around to avoid tipping the scale on your calorie intake. If your family is low in numbers, or you live alone, you’ll need willpower. Otherwise, it is unlikely that you will be able to resist pressing a knife through this baby again and again.
I love this recipe because there is no need for a mixer of any kind. All that is needed is a whisk and spatula. First, to whisk the eggs, sugar and oil. Second, to fold the balance of the ingredients respectively. It takes no time at all to whip this pumpkin bread up and just 45 minutes to bake. I’m hoping this recipe will be your go to pumpkin bread recipe from here on.
If you are at home with kids and need a new activity to get you through part of the weekend or an evening, making pumpkin bread is a great idea. As I said, there’s no need for an electric contraption to whip this up. So this kid-friendly recipe will allow you to spend time in the kitchen with your little ones creating something tasty to share.
The raisins in this recipe adds a fruity flavor profile that elevates the texture. However, raisins are by no means vital to this recipe. What is vital is the sugar. I know, we are all concerned with sugar intake and many of you often decrease the amount of sugar in a recipe. You can if you like, but know that amongst other ingredients the sugar helps to keep the pumpkin bread moist.
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, oil and sugar.
- With a spatula, fold in the melted butter and buttermilk.
- Continuing folding and add half of the flour mixture and then half of the pumpkin, then repeat.
- Fold in the raisins and then carefully tip mixture into parchment paper lined loaf tin.
- Level the mixture then sprinkle 1 tbsp of turbinado sugar and then 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and repeat.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350 until you are able to push a skewer into the cake and remove it without dragging out any cake mixture - approx. 45 mins.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.