A crispy tasty potato is always a pleasure to the palate and today’s recipe, Garlic Parmesan Potatoes, will not disappoint.
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes are amazing with almost anything, I really love them with roasted meat. The crispy outer layer and fluffy insides are just what a slice of roast meat requires. However, if you’re like me, you will enjoy these golden, crispy nuggets of joy alone, with just a hefty dollop of aioli and a glass of wine. That has Friday night at home alone, in front of the TV, written all over it – don’t you think?
I used Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe. They are my #1 favorite potato. In my opinion nothing beats them. However, any white potato will do.
When I was a kid, peeling the potatoes was my job. I used to hate it, it was such a chore. I didn’t have access to a potato peeler, or Y peeler, I had to work around those suckers with a pairing knife – urgh! Such a chore.
I really hope you have a tool in your kitchen that can whizz around a potato in seconds – you do right?
I do hope the answer is yes, but if it’s not I’d like to give you the opportunity to experience peeling your next batch of potatoes with a Y peeler. A Christmas gift from me to you.
The first 10 people to leave a comment below on this post and include the words “I’d love a Y peeler” will receive one from me in the mail as soon as I can get it to you. Make sure your email address is available so that I can respond to get your details.
Offer ends January 16, 2019.
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 lb white potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated + extra when serving
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic
Equipment & Utensils
- Potato peeler
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Large baking tray
- Peel potatoes and cut into halves or quarters so that each chunk of potato is of a similar size.
- Rinse potatoes and then place in a saucepan. Add water until it covers the potatoes and add a pinch of salt.
- Cook on high to medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle half the quantity of oil, cheese and salt over the potatoes, and grate one garlic clove over the potatoes
- Carefully turn the potatoes over with a large spoon.
- Sprinkle the other half of the oil, cheese and salt over the potatoes, and grate the other garlic clove over the potatoes.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and tip potatoes onto the tray.
- Place in a preheated oven at 450 and cook until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately with a little parmesan.