Are you always stumped as to what to serve on those holiday weekends, when you have a house full of guests celebrating national holidays? Something simple to complement your grilled food, something that will satiate your guests’ appetite but leaves plenty room for what’s to come? Well for this Memorial Day you should try your hand at some parmesan crisps?
They’re really easy to make and can be made as your guests arrive or much earlier as they store really well. All you need is a hunk of parmigano reggiano.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler, and so long as your guests enjoy cheese, they’ll enjoy these parmesan crisps. I prefer my parmesan crisps plain and simple, just the nutty flavor of the cheese, but if you’d like some added flavor try 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped rosemary or a touch of garlic powder. Parmesan crisps also work really well in a salad, they will give you a really nice crunch, and of course the nutty flavor.
So if you are still looking for something to add to your memorial day menu, these stress free appetizers will serve you well.
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (thinly shredded)
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully place a heaped tablespoon of the shredded parmesan on the parchment paper and spread out into a circle.
- Repeat process until you have filled the baking tray allowing an inch of space between each oval of parmesan.
- Place into a preheated oven at 350 and cook for 5-7 mins until golden brown.
- Remove baking tray from oven and let parmesan crisps cool for few minutes before removing from baking tray.
- Repeat all previous steps until you have used all of the shredded parmesan.