I usually start my day with a fresh cold pressed juice, availability of fruits and veg permitting, and today’s recipe, Pineapple Mint Juice, is a great summer starter.
Pineapples are loaded with nutrients, thus a great way to start the day, The health benefits are numerous.
- Aids digestion.
- Purported to counter symptoms prevalent in diseases such as cancer, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties which can help boost the immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory properties can also help with recovery after injury or surgery, and provide respite from arthritic pain.
Mint is also great for digestion, it can settle the stomach and accelerate metabolism. It is also great for gum health too.
Pineapple Mint Juice is a great enabler for well-being. However, it’s most standout trait is flavor, it’s super delicious. I mean lip-smacking gimme some more delicious. Sneak some out of your partner’s glass delicious. You get my drift?
It’s important to note that this isn’t an everyday juice. Its health benefits are potent and dependent on your diet the sugar content might be something to consider. once a week is fine, or once every two weeks dependent upon your dietary restrictions and/or needs.
If you’re a regular to Diverse Dinners, you will know that I have a cold press juicer. I have a Hurom juicer and I love it so much. It changed my life when I used it for the first time. Hurom juicers are impressively efficient and low on waste. They make light work of root vegetables, leafy greens and fruit. If you’re thinking of getting one, prepare yourself, you may have to save up. Nonetheless, the considerable expense will be forgotten once you start making juices.
Did I mention that Pineapple Mint Juice smells fantastic too? The aroma will bring a smile to your face and prepare your tastebuds for a healthy treat. Give this recipe and try and you will see what I mean.
Pineapple Mint Juice
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and cut into chunks
- 1/2 packed cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Juice pineapple, apple and mint, alternating as you feed into juicer.
- While juicer is still on pour water through feeder and turn it off once the water has drained through.
- Skim the froth from the top of the juice and discard.
- Mix juice thoroughly before serving.