My indulgent salmon linguine, has no respect for calorie counters, so you folks will have to sacrifice if you want to partake in this dish.
My date loves this meal, so I would suggest you give it a try. You could definitely makes this on date night at your place, it’s so easy to bring together and you’ll look like a gourmet.
This dish needs white wine to complement it. You can feed each other and ply your date with wine.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6 oz linguine
- 1 pint of water
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 scallions
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Place salmon fillets in roaster pan, season salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice cover and place in oven on 450 for 20-30 mins
- Pour water into medium sized pan and bring to boil
- Carefully add linguine, easing into pan as it softens, drizzle olive oil over the top and add salt
- Lower heat to simmer and cook for approx. 8-10 mins
- Once pasta is cooked drain and set aside, cover to keep warm
- Salmon should take another 5-10 mins to cook. Remove from oven, place in a large bowl and flake with a fork.
- Finely chop scallions and then add to salmon and then add arugula and linguine
- Top with heavy cream and combine
- Season to preferred taste with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper and combine once more
- Serve in big bowls, top with grated parmesan cheese, and pair with oaky/buttery chardonnay