I’m tired of peeling, cutting and watching potatoes boil just to arrive at a simple mash. I love mashed potatoes but the traditional recipe is a little long-winded, especially when you are only making mash for two.
So long as you’re not opposed to microwaves, my simple mashed potatoes is an easier recipe and in my opinion tastes much better. No more lumpy waterlogged potatoes, this mash is smooth and easy and can be amped up into a spectacular side dish in minutes. Add cheese, scallions, bacon, whatever you enjoy in your mashed potatoes. You can also swap out regular potatoes for yams/sweet potatoes.
- 3 large white gold or yukon gold potatoes
- 4 oz salted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Wash and pierce each potato all over evenly and the place them in the microwave.
- On high cook them for 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove from microwave and when you can handle them, peel them by pulling at the loosened potato skin and ripping it off. Be careful the potatoes will be very hot.
- Once the potatoes are peeled place them in a large bowl add the butter and cream and then mash until all ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt as needed.
- For truffle mash swap out half the butter for truffle butter.