Smoked salmon scramble on toast is such a nice meal for breakfast or bunch on the weekend. It feels like a treat, and you need to treat yourself at some point during the week. If you’re like me you treat yourself a lot, which to me means this smoked salmon scramble will be in strong rotation.
Smoked salmon scramble is so yummy, I lace my scrambled eggs with cream to apply a little richness, which is nicely offset by a cheeky glass of prosecco or champagne, if you feel so inclined. You can skip the cream if you’re watching your fat intake though.
If you need a more substantial breakfast or brunch, skip the toast and add potatoes. You might find yourself drifting off into an afternoon slumber after you’ve worked through your meal, but you will be satisfied. Rosemary potatoes or potato slabs are my usual go to side dishes with smoked salmon scramble, I will share those recipes with you very soon.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 slices sourdough or crusty bread
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- 2 tsp fresh dill (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Whisk eggs and cream in a bowl.
- Add butter to large frypan and place on high heat until butter is melted.
- Lower heat to medium and add whisked eggs mxiture, allow a layer of the egg to begin to cook and then stir continuously until eggs are almost cooked, slightly runny, then remove from heat.
- Eggs continue to cook even when removed from the heat. Removing eggs from the heat before they are done will ensure that you do not overcook the eggs.
- Toast bread to a subtle crisp and then place 3 slices of smoked salmon on each slice of bread as follows...
- ...with each slice of toast facing lengthways, place half of each smoked salmon slice on the toast and allow the other half of the smoked salmon slice to sit on the plate. Alternate the placement of the smoked salmon slices from left to right. You should end up with two slices to the right and one (the slice in the middle) to the left.
- Spoon eggs on top of smoked salmon, and then wrap the other half of the smoked salmon slices around the eggs, so that half of each smoked salmon slice is on top of the eggs.
- Garnish with dill and lemon if desired.
- Exclude the cream if you are watching your fat intake.