Thyme Roasted Cauliflower is that everything dish. It’s a great appetizer, side dish, main course with additional side dishes, for lunch or dinner. Thyme Roasted Cauliflower is totally tasty and a treat to your palate.
This dish is extraordinarily yummy, lip-smacking good, and it’s only vegetables with a little thyme, shallots, pine nuts and lime. The cauliflower is doused in extra virgin olive oil along with fresh thyme and shallots, then roasted. Once roasted, pine nuts are sprinkled and then finally lime juice for zing.
Roasted cauliflower is another vegetable enjoying a resurgence, much like brussels sprouts. I’ve started to see inventive cauliflower dishes on restaurant menus, and a gut load of recipes online. If you are enjoying the resurgence of cauliflower and would like to try out some other recipes, check out the recipes below.
- Lime Garlic Green Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower Blue Cheese Soup
- Purple Cauliflower Rice
- Coconut Curried Cauliflower
I am not sure how I enjoy this dish the most. I think, I prefer it on its own, as an appetizer, but don’t quote me – I will continue to test options and perhaps circle back.
I also like Thyme Roasted Cauliflower so much because it’s a dish that will please everyone in the family. Kids will love the textures of the ingredients and the zing from the lime, and so will the adults!
If you like you can amp up the taste and add chili flakes or sliced fresh chilies. Or perhaps some bacon – we all love bacon, right?! As I said, I like this dish just as is, but add a little more flavor and you might win over those who are suspicious of vegetables.
I cannot express how much I enjoy Thyme Roasted Cauliflower, it’s marvelous. Give my recipe a try and let me know if you agree.
Thyme Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 shallots peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme removed from stalks
- Generous drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Drizzle lime juice approx. 2 tsp
- Sprinkle lime zest approx. 1 tsp
Equipment & Utensits
- Sharp chef's knife
- Large baking sheet
- Cut out the large stalk from the cauliflower and remove green leaves.
- With a sharp chef's knife, slice cauliflower into 1 inch-1 1/4 inch slices. Try to get as many complete slices you can.
- Carefully place cauliflower slices on baking tray.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with shallots and thyme, and then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then place in a preheated oven at 425.
- Cook cauliflower for approx. 30-40 minutes, and flip at around 20 minutes when underside becomes golden.
- Once both sides are golden, transfer to serving plate or plates.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with pine nuts and then lime juice, and finally, a touch of lime zest.
- Serve immediately.