Today’s recipe is a quick and easy, a have anytime dish – tuna and kale quiche. I’ve made this quiche so many times; I think I’ve made it close to ten times in the last three months. My friends love it, they start to hover over it as soon as I remove it from the oven. It’s great anytime, so it doesn’t really last very long.
I used baby kale instead of regular kale for this recipe, but either is fine. There’s just a lot less labor in prepping baby kale, and as this is a time saver recipe, I kept it as simple as possible. I also passed on some of the labor of making this quiche by using a pre-made pie crust. I used a fresh pie crust, but frozen works just as good, just defrost per instructions. Using a pre-made pie crust is the secret to a quick and simple quiche. You whisk the ingredients together, pour into the pie crust and cook for 30 mins – that’s it baby!
You can make tuna and kale quiche after a hard day at work, it applies no stress to your evening. You just whip up the ingredients, pop it in the oven, and have a shower or sip on a glass of wine while it cooks.
Quiche is so versatile, it’s good for brunch, lunch or dinner. You can make it ahead of time so that you have something to eat on the run, and no matter when you eat it, it always tastes fantastic. Serve tuna and kale quiche with salad, a side of fries or potatoes, or simply on its own, no matter how you serve it, you’ll love it.
- 1 tin albacore tuna in water (142g)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup onions (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups baby kale (washed & chopped)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 9" pie crust
- Baking tray or cookie sheet
- Drain water from tuna and then tip tuna into a small bowl, mash evenly and then set aside.
- Whisk eggs thoroughly, then add cream and water and whisk thoroughly once more.
- Add onions and parsley and mix and then add tuna, cheese and kale, mix thoroughly each time you add a new ingredient.
- Season with salt and pepper, just a pinch is all you need.
- Once ingredients are mixed, tip batter into pie crust, making sure you have even distribution.
- Carefully place filled pie crust onto a baking sheet and then place in a the oven at 450 and cook for 30 mins.