Turkey sausage skillet with crispy potatoes is a great one for anyone in the family. The vibrant colors of the ingredients will entice everyone. It will appeal to the senses of young ones too. This is also a great meal for afterwork, it takes no time to rustle up, and the ingredients are always so easy to find.
How about turkey sausage skillet with crispy potatoes for breakfast or brunch. I’m eating some right now. Perhaps you have to entertain during the holidays. Imagine, the day after Thanksgiving and all you want is something quick and easy, to serve your guests. They will love this dish, the sweet Italian flavors of the turkey sausage, the crunch from the peppers and the crispy potatoes are a veritable brunch-time masterpiece. Just add a Bloody Mary or Mimosa and you will be gold!
Whatever the circumstances, or whomever you decide to share this dish with, it be a great meal. Perfect to share with friends and family.
You can add other ingredients to this dish if you like. For brunch, you can add eggs, for lunch or dinner you can add plantains, or chicken. You can get so many meals that will keep you and your family happy from this one recipe.
Word to the wise, if you plan on storing some of this dish away for a later date, do not include the potatoes. This dish is turkey sausage skillet with crispy potatoes, but if you store the entire dish in the fridge for consumption later, your potatoes will be crispy no more. Always cook up the potatoes fresh for each serving.
You will see that this recipe includes one jalapeno. Some of you may be inclined to omit this ingredient to avoid a spicy kick, but in this recipe, the jalapeno serves as a flavor heightener rather than a heat giver. The seeds and membrane are removed, so trust me on this one and make sure to add the jalapeno.
I love this dish, it’s such a satisfying meal, a pile of tasty ingredients that never stops giving.
Turkey Sausage Skillet with Crispy Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb gold potatoes
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 1/4 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage sliced in 1" pieces
- 2 cups shallots sliced thin
- 1 sweet yellow pepper deseeded, membranes removed & cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper deseeded, membranes removed & cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 sweet green pepper deseeded, membranes removed & cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 jalapeno deseeded, membranes removed and sliced thin
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of canola or peanut oil
Equipment & Utensils
- Medium pan
- Large skillet with cover
- Deep fry pan
- Cut potatoes into 1" cubes.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water.
- Place on high heat until bubbling, then lower to simmer.
- Cook potatoes until you can easily pierce with a fork, then drain and set aside.
- Heat skillet and spray with cooking oil, then add turkey sausage.
- Cook sausage until all sides are golden.
- The easiest way to do this is to keep shaking the skillet, to turn the sausages on all sides.
- Add shallots and continue to toss ingredients.
- Add peppers and jalapeno, then the tomatoes.
- Keep tossing and combining ingredients.
- Cook until peppers soften just a little but still has bite, then remove from heat and cover.
- Heat canola or peanut oil in fry pan, then add potatoes.
- Fry until golden and crispy then remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve by dividing skillet contents into three bowls or plates, then top with potatoes.