This zucchini goat cheese salad is a delightful work of art. Just curl the zucchini around your fingers, scatter red onion slices over the top and then sprinkle with goat cheese. Finally drench the salad with a slightly sweet dressing and garnish with watercress.
I really like this salad for two reasons:
- It’s so easy to create – all you have to do is take the ingredients out of the fridge, prep them and put the salad together.
- It tastes wonderful – it’s extraordinary how just a few ingredients can provide such a wonderful experience.
The goat cheese begins to melt as soon as you pour the dressing over the salad. You get this sweet gooeyness that you can spread over the zucchini and onions once it’s on your fork. Oh my, it’s a delight.
I made this salad a couple of weeks ago, and I have attempted to make it for myself again, but for some reason I just can’t seem to get the ingredients together. First, I ran out of onions. Then once I bought some onions, I realized I was out of rice vinegar, and what was left of the olive oil I had, I needed for another recipe.
The life of a food blogger requires preparation. PREPARE – PREPARE – PREPARE! I’m such a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal, I very often come unstuck when it’s time to work on a recipe. Once in a while though, something wonderful happens in my kitchen, a time when I can sit back and be proud. The creation of this zucchini goat cheese salad, is one of those moments.
This is a new recipe for me, I bought some zucchini on sale to try out some recipes. This one was a hit for me, I hope you will like it too.
Look out for some other zucchini recipes coming soon.
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 zucchini
- 1/3 cup small red onion (sliced very thin and separated into rings)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- Watercress for garnish
- Mandolin or sharp chef's knife
- Plates for serving
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients until combined, then set aside.
- Using a mandolin or sharp chef's knife, slice zucchini lengthways into long strips.
- Use 1 sliced zucchini per serving.
- Curl zucchini strips around two fingers until you make a tube then place on a plate.
- Continue to do this until you have used up all of your zucchini strips, arranging in an appealing shape on each plate.
- Make sure the zucchini tubes are pushed together so they stay intact.
- Place onion rings over and on top of zucchini then sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Whisk salad dressing a little before drenching salad with it.
- Garnish with watercress.
- Serve immediately.
If you cannot find watercress you can substitute with baby spinach or arugula. Or any green leaf veg you enjoy.