Celebrate the holidays with an impressive classic champagne cocktail. All you’ll need is some sugar cubes, bitters, cognac and a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine.
What better way to celebrate the holidays but with a glass of souped up bubbly in your hand, clinking with family and friends, marveling over your high points and achievements throughout the year, and promising to continue to make a difference in each others lives during the year ahead. Ok, perhaps a little corny, but that’s how a classic champagne cocktail makes you feel. You will likely only serve this cocktail when you are with those you care about, and your loved ones are the one who would appreciate this cocktail the most.
My brother and I used to drink classic champagne cocktails together, just to celebrate life. I miss those days. He lives in London, but travels the world sharing his fabulous voice. As you can imagine, opportunities to get together and celebrate life are low and are usually done via whatsapp.
Here’s my brother, Gary Bardouille, sharing his rendition of Luther Vandross’ So Amazing.
I hope you are able to spend time with those you love during the holidays. Crack open a bottle of bubbly and make a couple of classic champagne cocktails and indulge in family time.
- 6 white sugar cubes
- 6 tsp cognac
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Champagne Flutes
- Place one sugar cube in the bottom of each champagne flute.
- Add two drops of bitters onto each sugar cube, then shake each glass around to pick up any of the bitters that escaped onto the bottom of the glass.
- Add 1 tsp of cognac on top of the sugar in each glass.
- Top up each glass with champagne or sparkling wine.