Try this dill & blackberry vodka cocktail with fresh herbs, cucumber and lime.
I’ve always longed to be a mixologist. In my 20s I used to hang out in bars, my brother insisted I go to, and marvel at the head bartenders and mixologists as they did their thing. In the back of my mind I thought, hey I can do that! So here’s my first published creation. I call her “Dillicious”. She’s everything I think a cocktail should be – strong, refreshing, interesting and made with fresh ingredients. Although laced with vodka dill and blackberries are packed full with anti-oxidants and cucumber is 90% water, so the cleansing abilities are limitless – lol. No seriously, cocktails should be well balanced, just as we require our meals to be. Reject your high sugar, juiced filled cocktails and embrace a more refined aperitif!
- 3/4 cup of Grey Goose
- 3 tbsp simple syrup
- Juice 2 limes
- 3 slices cucumber
- Sprig of dill
- Sparkling water or soda
- Crushed ice to serve
- Muddle blackberries with simple syrup and lime juice, add vodka and then stir
- Drop ice into large glass, such as a mason jar or tall tumbler
- Pour muddled blackberry mixture on top of ice
- Drop cucumber into ingredients and top with sparkling water
- Push in dill and include a cocktail stirrer or straw
- This is a big drink, it should be savored. Please drink responsibly.
- You can switch out the vodka and replace with Gin or Tequila.