Its a Green Juice morning…
I really wish I could stick to a juicing and souping food plan, I think I’d really see some results, weight loss and well being. But alas I am still drawn to a cheeky cocktails and high salt, high fat appetizers. All I need is the slightest hint of a celebration and my healthy eating plan is sunk! So I’m starting again, drawing a line under my wanton ways and resolve to stick to my juicing and souping plan. So join me, here’s a my favorite juice of all time, it gives me a zip and pep in my step and is absolutely delicious.
- 5 Kale Leaves
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Cucumber
- Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- Juice of 1/2 Meyer Lemon
- Fresh ginger (as desired)
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly, making sure to rid the veggies and fruit from dirt and wax.
- Cut apples into quarters and remove cores
- Cut kale, celery, apple and cucumber to a size that allows for efficient juicing
- Set lemon aside and begin juicing the rest of the ingredients, making sure to alternate fruits and veggies - you'll need the celery cucumber and apple to help push the leafy veggies through the juicer.
- Wrap the ginger in a kale leaf, it will juice nicely.
- Once ingredients are fully juiced, add lemon juice and stir
- Sieve juice to eliminate the parts of the fruit and veggies that made it through the juicer
- Then serve
- If you are unsure of how much ginger to use, I would say a piece the size of your thumb should do it. Although I have really big thumbs. I happen to love ginger, so that benchmark works for me.