Black Rice Noodle Roasted Maitake Soup is so delightful. Nicely filling with oodles of flavor and variety in texture. This soup is gluten free, and no meat is added. If you nix the egg, it’s vegan too.
As I mentioned, this soup is filled with a variety of textures. Here’s a list of the textured ingredients:
- maitake mushroom – a woodsy mushroom, roasted until edges are crispy
- rice noodles – made with black rice, has a nutty flavor
- carrots – thin julienne strips, sweet and crunchy
- egg – cooked for 6 mins, no more for a soft creamy yoke
- scallions – added once the soup is ready for flavor, color and crunch
As I mentioned, simply nix the egg if you’d like Vegan Black Rice Noodle Roasted Maitake Soup.
Maitake mushrooms are relatively new to me, and they are so good. Have you tried them? If no, give them a try, perhaps in this recipe, and you will be maitake mushrooms this…. and maitake mushrooms that! Black rice noodles are a new item to me too – they’re made from a deep purple colored rice which is wheat and gluten free. They’re tasty and very appealing when added to soup.
The soup base is simple, made with yellow onion, carrot, vegetable stock, rice vinegar and soy sauce or gluten free tamari.
This Black Rice Noodle Roasted Maitake Soup is such a nourishing meal in a bowl and a joy to eat.