Here’s a simple Hot Toddy recipe that is perfect if you’re suffering cold weather as I am. This is a long Hot Toddy, made with Irish Whiskey.
This recipe is for two, but I should point out that it is likely that you will want at least one more once you taste your first, so stock up on the ingredients.
I’ve enjoyed a Hot Toddy or two so many times in my life, but when I moved to New York this wonderful cocktail seemed to disappear from my radar. Thankfully, the bar at THE LCL Bar & Kitchen NYC at the Westin New York Grand Central, added a Hot Toddy to their drinks menu.
I spend a lot of time at LCL, with my two dear friends, Cathleen and Tara. We even have our own regular waitress. She’s an actress, and very beautiful. She has a very kind nature and really looks after us.
Cathleen and Tara are an absolute delight to share time with. They are funny, honest, real women, who are unapologetically real and true. They crack me up with jokes and stories about their lives, or other peoples lives. We rarely all agree on the same topic, but we’re happy thrashing it out. I am so glad I found Cathleen and Tara, they’re my New York gems.
Do you have friends you enjoy hanging out with over long tall drinks? If yes, get together and share a Hot Toddy or two, you’ll have a blast.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (approx. 1 whole lemon)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 2/3 cup Whiskey
- 20 fl oz hot water
- Heat proof jug
- 2 x 15 fl oz heat proof tumblers
- Split cinnamon stick in half, by pushing a knife down the center lengthways.
- Place 1 half of the stick in each tumbler.
- Mix together lemon juice, syrup, ginger and whiskey, whisk and then strain.
- Add hot water, mix and then divide into the two tumblers.
- Serve immediately.